What’s On? Fields of Healing 24-25 November
On 24-25 November, Byron Bay will be home to the first ever Fields of Healing festival, which will gather together indigenous leaders from all over the globe to celebrate “cultural diversity and unity through music, art, workshops, performance, ecological healing and much more.”
The two-day, family-friendly gathering, presented by Unity Earth, will present live music, workshops, panels, dancing, drumming, yoga, forest walks and meditation. It will take place at the North Byron Parklands, a 660-acre venue, about 20 minutes from Byron Bay’s town centre. The event is an alcohol- and drug-free community event, and there is no camping onsite.
You may obtain tickets for Fields of Healing for a price of $207 for adults and $165 for senior or student. The pass will give you access to the event for both days, including all performances and workshops.
There also are tickets available for each day if you can’t make both days, or just want to attend for certain workshops and do something else in Byron Bay the other day. Tickets for one day are $120 for Saturday and $95 for Sunday (adults). Kids 15 and under are free to enter and do not need a ticket.
The why’s and who’s
Fields of Healing will features such speakers and leaders from around the world as:
- Eskimo-Kalaallit Elder Angaangaq Angakkorsuaq from Greenland
- Hereditary Dakota Chief and Global Unity Activist Chief Phil Lane Jr.
- Maori wisdom keeper Uncle Louis Te Kouarehua Kereopa
- Dr. Mindahi Bastida, director for the Original Caretakers Program at the Centre for Earth Ethics
- Rocky Dawuni, Ghana/UN Goodwill Ambassador
- Ambassador Mussie Hailu (Ethiopia)
Attendees will be treated to a wide array of musicians, including:
- GRAMMY® Nominated afro roots star Rocky Dawuni
- Zimbabwean multi-instrumentalist Tichawona Noble Mashawa
- Vocalist Kristin Hoffmann with Premik Russell Tubbs
- Australian roots musician Dane Kennedy
- Irish/Aussie songwriter Aine Tyrell
- Indigenous singer Keely Eggmolesse
- Local didgeridoo legend Si Mullumby
In addition, the event commemorates the one-year anniversary of the “Return to Country of Mungo Man.” The ancient remains of a 42,000-year-old human were returned last year to his country in the Willandra Lakes Region of NSW. Members of the three Indigenous groups associated with Lake Mungo will attend Fields of Healing.
Fields of Healing will feature a ton of options for you to attend while you’re here over the two days. Check out the full schedule here, but here are some highlights.
For Saturday, Nov. 24:
- Welcome and Smoking Ceremony
- Sustainable and nature-based craft activities at Kids Village
- Keynote speaker: Chief Phil Lane Jr.
- Speakers Panel: Return of Mungo Man- A Journey 43,000 Years In The Making
- Kids Yoga
- Walking Journeys in the Parkland
- dirtgirl from Get Grubby TV
- Music performances such as Dane Kennedy, Keely Eggmolesse and Kristin Hoffmann and Premik Russell Tubbs
For Sunday, Nov. 25:
- Yoga with Katie
- Singing workshop
- Mindful Meditation for Kids
- Heal Your Relationship with Money
- Music performances by Aine Tyrrell and Rocky Dawuni & Friends
- “The Story of Mankind” with Lixin Chen
- Closing ceremony
In addition to all the workshops, performances and speakers, there will be what’s called “Healing Pods,” which will offer both free (Saturday) and paid (Sunday) sessions with massage, kinesiology and other practitioners.
Stay at Broken Head Holiday Park during Fields of Healing
A short 30-minute drive from the Parklands, Broken Head Holiday Park would make an excellent choice for your accommodation over the Fields of Healing weekend. One of the main reasons is due to the fact that you’ll continue your healing by enjoying a holiday close to nature.
Our campground is located steps away from a beautiful beach as well as walking trails. What a perfect setting to continue your personal reflections? In addition, we offer reasonable pricing on our campsites and beach cabins so we can fit into your travel budget easily.
So if this new festival sounds right up your alley, then what are you waiting for? Choose the accommodation that’s right for you at Broken Head Holiday Park, and make a booking now!