Want to Know the Secret for a Relaxing Girls Weekend in Byron Bay? We Tell All…
Sometimes you just need a weekend away. And sometimes that weekend away isn’t with your significant other – it’s with your besties. Spending many hours catching up, maybe enjoying cocktails or a spa day together, and even booking a yoga class or trying out something new sounds like a recipe for a fun girls weekend away.
The perfect spot for your girls weekend is Byron Bay – it has everything you want from great beaches and good food, to fun activities and excellent accommodation. So don’t delay, grab the girls and start packing for your next girls weekend away in Byron Bay!
What fun things will you try first?
The waves in this area are considered world class for surfing so why try your hand at it? There are lots of surfing schools, so we can’t list them all, but a few good ones are:
- Black Dog Surfing -Black Dog gives you a second lesson free if you don’t make it to your feet during your first lesson. The school also has one of the best student – instructor ratio (1:7) of any surf school in Byron Bay. ($60 for intro lesson)
- Soul Surf School – This school offers a half-day “Learn to Surf Adventure,” which involves teaching the basics of riding the waves for $59 per person. Every lesson includes all the equipment, refreshments and expert surf coaches.
- Style Surfing – Group lessons for beginners are available for $60 per person and take about 3 to 3 ½ hours once you arrive at the beach. It includes all your equipment; you just need to bring a towel. This mobile school picks you up from your accommodation.
NOTE: In case surfing doesn’t sound like your style, nothing beats a swim in the ocean or sunbathing on some of the most beautiful beaches in Australia. Make sure to always swim between the red and yellow flags because they mark the safest places to swim.
Considered Australia’s unofficial yoga capital, Byron Bay doesn’t lack in options when it comes to this popular exercise. If you and the girls want to check out a class or two while on your girls weekend away, we suggest you go for one with John Ogilivie at Byron Yoga Centre.
He is considered one of the best teachers in Australia. Another option is Intouch Yoga, where you can take an open class at Suffolk Park Community Hall with Flo Fenton. No need to worry if neither works for you as there are lots of options.
Be sure to take a morning or late afternoon class so you can leave time for other important to-dos, such as sunbathing or surfing, eating good food or a relaxing massage.
Or, better yet, combine activities and head to Main Beach where you can stop by Byron Bay Surf Club’s second floor for one of the yoga classes at Beachside Yoga & Massage. Then hang out and book a massage on the booking board just inside the surf club’s door.
Take a break from all that surfing, swimming and yoga, and head indoors to recharge with a massage. Time it for late afternoon, so everyone gets completely relaxed and rejuvenated before heading out for your fun evening. There are lots of places to get ‘your spa on’ including the above Beachside location. Here are a few more options:
- If you like a more healing/whole body approach, try out the Byron Bay Medicine Wheel. There are eight varieties of massages to pick from with each having its own good qualities, so pick one that will remedy your issues.
- Looking for more of a day spa atmosphere? Ripple Massage has tons of options, and each massage package includes a foot soak, foot massage and face mask.
- The Buddha Garden Day Spa builds packages for groups, including a girls weekend away. Each person gets to pick which items to combine into a package, so everyone is happy!
Where to tempt your tastebuds
Besides the beaches, surfing, yoga and all the other fun girls weekend ideas Byron Bay offers, it also features an array of delicious eateries that just may serve one of your favorite meals ever. But if you’re wondering which you should try with your girlfriends, we’ve already done the homework for you.
Find a great place to stay
Pick a place where you and your girlfriends truly forget about the outside world and instead focus on catching up, relaxing and being steps from the beach. Broken Head Holiday Park offers excellent budget accommodation in Byron Bay for girls getaways, including beach cabins that sleep up to four people, and a two bedroom beach house which accommodates five. There’s more moolah leftover to treat yourselves with in October and November too with our low season rates!
Your holiday accommodation for a Byron Bay weekend may feel like miles from the center of town because of the serene beauty of the surroundings. But in reality Broken Head is within minutes of Byron Bay’s main drag.
Sound like fun? We agree, so start planning your sure-to-be amazing girls weekend in Byron Bay by contacting us today!